Description Grateful Nomads: omgomgomgomg squeeeeee!!!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

omgomgomgomg squeeeeee!!!

Guess what--no wait, I'll tell you! I got my placement today!!!

I will be teaching at Hang Chat Wittaya School in the Hang Chat ห้างฉัตร district of the Lampang province! Oh, I'm sure you all know where that is so I don't need to tell you that it's just outside of Lampang, which is the capital of the Lampang province and the third largest city in northern Thailand. Ha, just kidding, I've never heard of it either. Anyway, Hang Chat is home to 9 villages and ~10,000 people. I was trying to find a Wisconsin town that is similar in size but according to this list of better-known cities and villages, there are none. Well, it's about three times the size of Wrightstown, where I went to school. And it's right there:

Thanks, Google!
According to the website CIEE gave me, I will be teaching a secondary school class of 30-35. WOW. That's 12- to 18-year-olds, people. At least 30 of 'em. This is gonna be an amazing challenge.

Here is the school's website. If you've been good today, Google will translate it for you. Aaaaand it still might not make any sense, but hey, there are pictures!

What is also awesome about living in Hang Chat is that it is home to the Thai Elephant Conservation Center. These aren't just regular elephants, my friend. These guys have mad painting skills, and you can buy their art. This video doesn't say where this elephant is from, but it's worth a look anyway:



Oh I could go on and on about this today, but I need to go keep Jack awake with my excitement. More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment