Description Grateful Nomads: Change Brings Opportunity

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Change Brings Opportunity

Every time I think about the things that I would miss if I leave, I inevitably start thinking about the things I might encounter...and I get super excited.

All of our favorite restaurants (Red Robin, Sa-Bai Thong, Gotham Bagels, Pancake Cafe, and Barriques) will probably be replaced by awesome street vendors, supremely authentic Thai restaurants, and maybe a cooking class or two. Competitive, greedy consumerism will give way to patient, tolerant Buddhism. Our adorable little duplex in our adorable (if mildly crime-ridden) neighborhood will soon become...well, I don't know what yet, but we most certainly won't have to rake leaves, mow the lawn, or shovel snow! (That's reason enough for me to wish for this job!)

There are, however, two collectives of very special creatures that would not have any sort of equivalent for us in Thailand. The first is our two beautiful sleepy little girls.
I can haz warm fuzzie blankie?
It's a hard life.
The second is our wonderfully supportive group of family and friends. No one can replace you guys, and fortunately Jack and I would only be a phone call, email, or blog post away.☺

We cannot wait for all the differences we would experience and share with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment